The Paul and Marcia Wythes Center on Contemporary China encourages faculty and students to submit funding proposals to support research and scholarship on the study of contemporary China. Specific guidelines and submission templates can be found below.
General proposal guidelines include:
- There will be two cycles per academic year for all students. Deadlines for proposals will be October 30 and March 30 each year.
- Proposals must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the date when funding is needed;
- Specify a contemporary China-related component of the event and/or project;
- Full project budget;
- Indication of other sources of funding received or pending; and
- Be directly connected to Princeton University by department, group, or individual.
Faculty Research Grants: The Center provides funding to Princeton faculty in support of research, teaching, and scholarly dialogue on contemporary China. Please see entire instructions and submission guidelines, here: https://ccc.princeton.edu/faculty-funding-applications.
Undergraduate Funding Requests: The Center provides funding to individual undergraduate students and/or undergraduate student groups to support research for senior theses and student group conference organization and travel that involve the study of contemporary China. Please see entire instructions and submission guidelines, here: https://ccc.princeton.edu/funding-opportunities-and-partnerships/undergraduate-student-funding.
Graduate Student Funding Requests: The Center provides funding to individual graduate students for financial support for dissertation research, presentations at academic conferences, and special projects. Students may also request funding for scholarly symposia, seminar series and workshops. Graduate student groups that wish to organize lectures, conferences, and other projects may submit requests to the Center on Contemporary China. However, the Center does not support language study in any capacity. Please see entire instructions and submission guidelines, here: https://ccc.princeton.edu/funding-opportunities-and-partnerships/graduate-student-funding.