Funding requests for financial support for dissertation research, presentations at academic conferences, and special projects
Graduate students may submit funding requests for financial support for dissertation research, presentations at academic conferences, and special projects. Students may also request funding for scholarly symposia, seminar series and workshops. The intent is to encourage events that enrich the intellectual lives of graduate students by complementing the normal offerings of departments and programs. These proceedings might involve graduate students as speakers, moderators and/or organizers. Graduate student groups that wish to organize lectures, conferences, and other projects may also submit requests to the Center on Contemporary China. However, the Center does not support language study in any capacity.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- There will be two cycles per academic year. Deadlines for proposals will be October 30 and March 30 each year.
- Proposals must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the date when funding is needed.
- All proposals must specify contemporary China-related component of the event and/or project.
- The student or group requesting funding must be directly connected to Princeton University.
- Individual students must be in good standing with the university.
For applications to be considered, you must apply on SAFE, here: http://www.princeton.edu/studentfunding/. The funding office is PIIRS, activity types include: Graduate Research, Graduate Conferences, and Graduate Group Event/Project. Please find the Paul and Marcia Wythes Center on Contemporary China within the search results.
Guidelines and requirements:
- A 1-2 page summary of the proposed research project/activity. Include here the contemporary China-related component
- A description of the specific component the Center is asked to fund and specific amount
- A list and short bios of all Princeton students involved
- Full Project Budget (attach as an excel spreadsheet)
- Listing of other sources of funding received or pending
- Advisor letter of support
- Include any supporting documents that would support your request