Sponsored by the Paul and Marcia Wythes Center on Contemporary China (CCC), the Office of Population Research (OPR), and the Global Japan Lab (GJL), the Research on East Asian Demography and Inequality (READI) is an invite only monthly forum that aims to share work in progress while building connections across junior and senior scholars working on China, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
The seminar will meet virtually once a month, on the second Tuesday of each month from 8:30-10:00PM EST (9:30AM in Tokyo/Seoul, 8:30AM in Beijing). The time is chosen to facilitate live participation on both sides of the pacific.
READI is collaborative, inviting participants to present their works in progress to the group for discussion.
- We will send out regular announcements regarding the talks with an RSVP link so we will know who plans to attend. Group members should feel free to recommend additional participants at any time (we are especially eager to welcome graduate students who are committed to work on demography and inequality in East Asia).
- The READI seminar will be held over Zoom Meeting. Turning on your video camera is strongly encouraged to help foster community and engagement, so please make sure you are in a well-lit area. Microphones will be automatically muted at the beginning of the seminar. When the floor is open to questions or comments, please remember to re-mute yourself once you are finished speaking.
- Talks will be recorded for archiving but we do not plan to share/release them.
- China related papers are eligible to be in our Working Paper Series
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the seminar coordinator at [email protected]